Think Out of the Box this Valentine’s Day.
February 13, 2014 Leave a comment
With the most romantic day of the year quickly creeping up, people scramble to find a gift, or the gift that can adequately show their affections for that special person. Apart from chocolate, the most popular gift given are red roses, and while they do denote love, there are other flowers that are a little outside the box in terms of thinking. Best of all, some of these you can plant in the garden so the recipient can enjoy them every year.
- ASTER – Symbol of Love: Daintiness
- CARNATION Red – My Heart Aches for You; Admiration
- DAISY – Innocence; Loyal Love; I’ll Never Tell; Purity
- DANDELION – Faithfulness; Happiness
- FERN Maidenhair – Secret Bond of Love
- GLOXINIA – Love at First Sight
- JONQUIL – Love Me; Affection Returned; Desire; Sympathy; Desire for Affection Returned
- HOLLY – Defense; Domestic Happiness
- MYRTLE – Love; Hebrew Emblem of Marriage
- ORANGE BLOSSOM – Innocence; Eternal Love; Marriage and Fruitfulness
- ROSE Red – Love, Respect
- ROSE Thorn less – Love at First Sight
- ROSE Yellow – Joy, Friendship
- SPIDER FLOWER – Elope with Me
- TULIP Red – Believe Me; Declaration of Love
So this year instead of buying them the same old flower, try something new. Show her/him that you put a lot of thought into finding the right gift to convey your affections.